Gooroo relies a number of inputs when evaluating technical skills. These include:
- Self-analysis. We ask individuals to rate their enjoyment and proficiency for a skill based on defined criteria. This is requested each time an individual applies for a role.
- Contribution. We request that Gooroo members share achievements associated with using specific skills and write articles for sharing within the Gooroo community.
- External recognition. We monitor external recognition devices, such as vendor awards
- Training & certification. We analyse any external training and certifications completed associated with that skill (or collection of skills).
- Employer references.
- Gooroo does not offer technical testing within the platform. Subscribers have the option to add a link to a preferred technical test that applicants or shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete.
What is Skillspace?
Skillspace is how we at Gooroo think about technical skills; for an individual, job and market. Gooroo has built a complex model to inform employers about how specific skills come together to form roles and what they’re worth in market in their region. Gooroo leverages this model and dataset to power our job matching engine while providing advanced analytics available for subscription.
What factors does Gooroo consider to rank candidates?
When ranking candidates, our focus is to ensure that we order applicants based on their alignment to the demands of the role and the unique characteristics of each team and organisation.
Gooroo ranks across the dimensions of expertise (knowledge, skills, attitudes in specific techniques and technologies), experience (formal and accumulated competence established from past work, education and training); and engagement (behaviours that an individual brings to bring energy, effort and passion).
Each of these dimensions comprise a detailed set of factors that are scored to allow the sorting of applicants according to their predicted growth potential and fit.
How does your process reduce bias and promote diversity?
Gooroo removes selection bias by presenting initial role matches anonymously. We ask you to select individuals who are deemed a good match to the role regardless of their race, gender, looks or belief systems. At Gooroo we’re committed to rewarding individual effort and illuminating opportunities for organisations to make a step change to how they approach the future.